MBP Airport Card Hardware Not Detected

Reaction score
So I have a late 2008 unibody Macbook Pro that's having airport issues. I'm getting the message that my wifi hardware isn't detected and I'm unable to turn it on in network settings (when I click the "turn on wifi" button, nothing happens) I'm aware of the software issues some have had that also give this message and I thought that's what it was since my bluetooth and webcam still worked. But after resetting SMC, PRAM, and even updating from Snow Leopard to Lion, the hardware was still not detected. I ended up taking it to an apple store to have them run a diagnostics which confirmed there was an issue with the airport card hardware. The apple tech assured me this would be fixed by installing a new airport card. So I ordered a new airport card, installed it, and just booted up to Airport Card Hardware Not Detected. I'm dumbfounded. I honestly am out of ideas of what else I could do to fix this.

Can anyone please help???

Reaction score
So I ordered a new airport card, installed it, and just booted up to Airport Card Hardware Not Detected.
This isn't a user serviceable part, are you sure installed it correctly?

Reaction score
This isn't a user serviceable part, are you sure installed it correctly?

Positive. I mean it's a pretty straightforward installation after you get the display off. I plugged in the two antennae cables and the airport cable. I honestly don't understand what else could be wrong.

Ask a Question