Can I transfer music from my iPod to my iTunes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new here and need your help! I recently found my 80G iPod, which I haven't used in years! I have so much music on it (mostly transferred from their original CDs) that I would like to transfer to my iMac. When I had the iPod I didn't have a Mac yet and when I connect the iPod, iTunes pops up and it has said "synching" but none of the music is in my library. (isn't that what synching means?)

Is there a way to do this? Someone told me that anything that wasn't bought on iTunes wouldn't be transferred… but a lot of it is from CDs that I don't have anymore and I'd hate to lose so much wonderful music!

Can anyone help?? I'd really appreciate it!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You could try iBrowse … connect your iPod & launch iBrowse … the music files might have names like HEIS.mp3 but if you select a folder & right click then select "Export to folder" you should be good to go

There could be a problem if you originally synced the iPod with a Windows computer, in that case you'll soon find out if iBrowse doesn't see the iPod, you'll need to go back to a Windows PC if you want to save the music.

Reaction score
TunesGo is also a nice one to transfer music between iTunes and iDevice.

Reaction score
You could try iBrowse … connect your iPod & launch iBrowse … the music files might have names like HEIS.mp3 but if you select a folder & right click then select "Export to folder" you should be good to go
I am using iExplorer,which is also a good app for transferring music between iPod and iTunes.

Reaction score
When you connect your iPod on your computer, iTunes is launched .And you can direct sync iPod music /songs/photos to iTunes . If you don't want to sync all of your music, you can cancel the sync in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question