Can I access Windows screen data in a Citrix window on my Mac

Reaction score
My work applications are on a Windows desktop within a Citrix viewer. Can a Mac program access that data? Specifically I have a Windows window containing a scrollable selectable multi-column list from which I need to access two columns of data. Is this possible or feasible?

Reaction score
This is not a reply, but a clarification to my previous post. I work from my home, and I use my Mac to access my employer's applications. I utilize Citrix to access my work Windows 7 desktop. On that desktop are the applications that I have to use to perform my work duties. One of those applications contains the scrollable selectable list that I mentioned in my original post. Hope this clarifies any questions anyone might have about what I am asking.

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I know of Citrix, yet do not have much experience with using it.

-What is the application in Windows that you use to access that list?
-What kind of access do you need to the two columns of data? Specifically - a PDF print out, an editable list, or the exact same access/functionality you have when accessing the list in Windows, but on your Mac locally?

C

Reaction score
T
Hello and welcome.

-What kind of access do you need to the two columns of data? Specifically - a PDF print out, an editable list, or the exact same access/functionality you have when accessing the list in Windows, but on your Mac locally?

C
Hello and welcome.

C
Thanks for your rapid response. The application in Windows that I use to access the list is a Windows job scheduling and monitoring application. The kind of access I need is to be able to retrieve the data in two columns on the line that I have selected by clicking my cursor into that line. l

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...a little clarification...

-What version of OS X?
-You can access your Windows PC via Citrix as if you were sitting on front of it, correct?
-Which Citrix software are you running on your Mac - GoToMyPC, Citrix Online Plug-in, Receiver, etc?

C

Reaction score
OK...a little clarification...

-What version of OS X?
-You can access your Windows PC via Citrix as if you were sitting on front of it, correct?
-Which Citrix software are you running on your Mac - GoToMyPC, Citrix Online Plug-in, Receiver, etc?

C
Version of OS X - 10.8.5
Yes, I can access the Windows PC via Citrix the same as if I were sitting in front of it
I am using Citrix Receiver

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks.

So you can remotely access the data as if you were in the office. But, you want to have the list locally on your Mac and not using Citrix, correct? If so, there probably isn't another way to access it, since the application you use in Windows probably doesn't have a Mac version, and the list file may be a proprietary format created for use with that particular app. Also, the file itself or the app may be hosted on one of the network drives/servers, or require other Windows-only software/processes such as ActiveX, .NET, etc.

Because it can be difficult to diagnose this way, I would lean towards no, other than via Citrix Receiver. If your company has an IT department, they may have other solutions that may work for you.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Thanks.

So you can remotely access the data as if you were in the office. But, you want to have the list locally on your Mac and not using Citrix, correct? If so, there probably isn't another way to access it, since the application you use in Windows probably doesn't have a Mac version, and the list file may be a proprietary format created for use with that particular app. Also, the file itself or the app may be hosted on one of the network drives/servers, or require other Windows-only software/processes such as ActiveX, .NET, etc.

Because it can be difficult to diagnose this way, I would lean towards no, other than via Citrix Receiver. If your company has an IT department, they may have other solutions that may work for you.

Hope that helps,

C
Thanks for taking the time to analyze this situation. I appreciate it. Wish there were some way to get the data onto my Mac, but sorta looks like there is no way. Thanks again.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Not a problem...Sorry we couldn't provide a better solution. If you get this solved, please let us know.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question