How To Access TERMINAL From System Preferences in OS10.13.6 ?

Reaction score
THEY SAY:
"To check if your Mac computer is infected with MaMi malware, "GO TO TERMINAL VIA THE SYSTEM PREFERENCES APP" and check for your DNS settings—particularly look for 82.163.143.135 and 82.163.142.137."
BUT, (Multiple Expletives Deleted), I've searched all over the net and can find no way to get there from here :)
RHB

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Are you having any issues that lead you to believe you have this malware?
-You can check your DNS without Terminal by navigating in the menu bar to:  > System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi > Advanced > DNS
-You could simply download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac, install it, and run it. It should remove any malware you have on your Mac.

Let us know how it goes,

C

Reaction score
Hello,

-Are you having any issues that lead you to believe you have this malware?
-You can check your DNS without Terminal by navigating in the menu bar to:  > System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi > Advanced > DNS
-You could simply download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac, install it, and run it. It should remove any malware you have on your Mac.

Let us know how it goes,

C

THANKS Cory,I already Had Malwarebytes ver. 3.3.32 on this Apple PRO Tower, as well as ClamXAV, Antivirus Zap, Avast SercureLine and Cocktail. Check it and it is Clean. I'll admit to being a bit Paranoid, since my wife's 27" iMac was violated & the unknown miscreant changed her password. The next day my Password on her machine was changed Also. Thats why I bought all the other various anti Virus S/W. Since Apple doesn't sell the Operating Software an a Disk and Won't allow TechTool Pro to put a Boot-Up System on a CD or DVD (multiple blasphemous, expletives deleted) , I was damed sure dead in the water. After an hours of futile attempts to trouble shoot or repair her machine, Rather than drive 40 Miles to the Apple Store in Fort Worth and pay $100.00, I took it to Maverick Computer Repair Shop in Weatherford, TX. Cost me their $59.00 minimum charge, for them to get into it and make a temporary Pass Word for me. Both of our Computers are using High Sierra OS10.13.6.
RHB

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No problem.

TechTool Pro, Malwarebytes, ClamXav, Cocktail are great pieces of software. I am not very familiar with Antivirus Zap and Avast SecureLine.

So, the issue you were having was resolved by Maverick for $59? Not sure why you would have to pay $100 at the Apple Store?

C

Ask a Question