CCTV-- CAN WE SET UP REMOTE ACCESS ON IMAC

Reaction score
Is it possible to set up my cnM cctv system to monitor on the internet on my iMac.
I have read that one can do this on Microsoft windows but I can't find any help to do this on iMac.
Any information and help would be greatly appreciated

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I believe you have this: £279.95 CnM CCTV 500GB Security System 8 Channel 4 Camera Kit DVR Recorder, correct? If so, it's hard to find much information about it. It does state you can view the footage over the Internet or smartphone. If the unit can join the network where it is installed, and have access to stream video outside any firewalls, then you should be able to view it in a browser or with one of the smartphone apps available.

Do you have any additional information for the unit?

C

Reaction score
yes you are right I have the 4 camera set and I have tried to follow several different methods to have it on the the internet and also to view it on the android mobile phone but can't do it. I have tried to follow the steps on the plus net forum also several others but no success.difficult to do the port forwarding .Anyway I have found BEN software do a program called SECURITYSPY FOR iMac OS X. I am trying to find out if my camera would work with that program or not. At the moment I am waiting for a reply from them about this .
If anyone can let me know if they have anymore information about the cameras. I think the image compressions H264 and system is NTSC/and pal

Has anyone tried this program ,any help would be appreciated.
To find out more go to www.bensoftware.com.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

It looks like the system can send the video feed to the Internet, but it would definitely take some configuration with your home network. I assume that Plusnet is your ISP?

I don't have much experience with security systems and Macs, but we'll see if we can assist. Let us know what Ben Software says about compatibility.

C

Ask a Question