Google Earth Placemarks: Own Personal vs. General Access

Reaction score
Google Earth is a great resource and I like to add my personal placemarks but I don't know how pre-existing placemark labels are made public.

Other users have clearly added their own placemarks, very useful to all, but how do they manage to do this? It's a possible means of mischief and misinformation -- so do they have to be approved by a moderator? Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X?
-Are you using the Google Earth app - if so, which version?

I am not sure how it actually works, since it is a Google product, and I don;t have much experience with it. You could try the steps here: Create & manage placemarks. You could contact Google directly to find out what their policy is and how to make your placemarks viewable by the public.

Hope that helps a bit,

C

Reaction score
On my Macbook Pro. Google Earth already has many useful placemarks and labels. The method given for creating placemarks only renders them for personal use on one's own version of GE -- not for public viewing.
It's a very obvious dichotomy which Google hasn't bothered to differentiate for users.

Google Earth Pro

7.3.2.5491 (64-bit)

Build Date

Monday, July 23, 2018 9:23:57 PM UTC

Renderer

OpenGL

Operating System

Mac OS X (10.13.6) High Sierra

Graphics Driver

Intel HD Graphics 3000 OpenGL Engine (2.1 INTEL-10.4.14)

Maximum Texture Size

8192×8192

Available Video Memory

512 MB

Server

kh.google.com

Ask a Question