Bought new mac mini m2 and came with ventura customized osx of financial company, cant install new osx

Reaction score
Hi
I bought a new m2 mac mini from a guy, and the mac cam with preinstalled image of a financial company and when you set up the mac for the first time it goes to that company server and it install its own user and administrator. I tryied to install ventura from a bootable disk and it goes to that company too. In the recovery mode in the utility disk i see the macintosh hd and a image disk witch i cannot delete or unmount. It has grey buttons for erase or unmount.
Can you help me?
Thank you!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

Sounds like they have the Mac enrolled in their MDM (Mobile Device Management) system. You will need to contact the seller and/or the company that purchased/owns the MDM and have them release the Mac from their organization in Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP). Until that is done, the Mac will remain within their MDM and will automatically install their management account/policies. There isn't any way around this except whet I mentioned.

C

Reaction score
Cory,

Do you think if he restores the firmware on the mini, would that allow him to erase the drive and install a standard version of Ventura? If that's even possible with his configuration.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

No, as long as it is in their MDM, there isn't any way around it due to Apple's strict security policies.

C

Ask a Question