hi I want to know how to eject a snow leopard install cd from a 2.1ghz imac I bought

Reaction score
in 2006. I was offline between May 2008 and July 2012. I have a 2.4ghz imac that I bought in 2007 that I play diablo 3 on and it works fine. After getting back online in July 2012 I found that I needed a new os to do anything so I bought a snow leopard cd from Apple. I recently tried to install snow leopard on the 2.1ghz imac and was told onscreen that it doesn't have enough ram. In the meantime the snow leopard cd is still in the 2.1ghz imac and it won't eject when I press the eject button. I'm wondering, because my 400mhz imac from ages ago had a thingy just inside the horizontal cdrom drive that would eject the cd no-matter-what if I pushed it with the end of a paper clip, is there a similar button in the 2.1ghz imac's vertical cd drive? The 2.1 ghz imac isn't covered by warranty anymore and I don't want to damage it by poking the innards with paperclips so any advice would be appreciated. :D

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Re: hi I want to know how to eject a snow leopard install cd from a 2.1ghz imac I bou

Hello and welcome.

Restart the iMac and immediately hold down the mouse button. Keep holding it until the disc ejects. If it doesn't, let us know.

C

Reaction score
Re: hi I want to know how to eject a snow leopard install cd from a 2.1ghz imac I bou

Hi thanks, yeah it worked :D Looks like you Cory Cooper are like me, have had Apples all your life. Though with me my mother bought me an Apple II+ in 1984, and I bought my own Apple IIgs in 1986 which still works but the CH joystick broke in 1999 so I bought the 400 mhz imac in Jan 2000 and finally got online.

Reaction score

I have a similar problem in that I am unable to eject a CD from a dual processor IMAC. I had short power outage whille the IMAC was in sleepmode and when power was restored I only could boot to the blue screen with a spinning wheel so I tried to boot off a CD and no luck. I used an initial install CD and now I am unable to eject it. I tried the mouse button without luck. On older MACs we used to zap the PRAM. I there anything like that heses days? Thanks

Ask a Question