Recently Bought iMac G4 Flat-Panel with Formatted Hard Drive

Reaction score
I just bought an iMac G4, 800 mhz, 256mb ram, with a formatted hard drive, so there's no Operating System on it, I've tried everything, googled everything, I've tried posting questions on like 10 different sites to get not a single answer, and now I just really don't know what to do. I regret buying it because I have no idea what I am doing most of the time. I've downloaded a few different OS's but I can't get the iMac to boot from a CD or a Flash Drive, and Open Firmware either can't find the petition, or can't open CD. Please help! I've tried Open Firmware, and it either can't find the partition, or can't open CD. I've tried CD's and Flash Drives, I've tried Ubuntu, Linux, OSX Tiger, and Lion, I bought the damn thing for the OS but I didn't realize it had a formatted hard drive. Those aren't retail versions of OSX either, I'm not paying 100$ for an OS when I only payed 70$ for the computer.

Reaction score
You paid $70, wow I've got 5 down stairs I'm taking to tip. Old and useless.

You can get the proper OS from an Apple Store for the cost of the media.

Ask a Question