BlueTooth won't work

Reaction score
Hi, I just got a JBL speaker, and it appears to be connected to my MacBook Air, but won't play. I get a spinning wheel, although under BlueTooth and Devices, it has my JBL Charge 3 as Connected. It just won't play. Is there something else I need to do to enable it? Thanks in advance for any help!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

If it is connected, make sure you have selected it as the sound output source in  > System Preferences... > Sound > Output.

C

Reaction score
Hey,
There a few things you can try such as:

Fix Your Bluetooth Problems by Removing Corrupted Files

System errors are known to corrupt files, and when those files become corrupt, you start experiencing those Bluetooth problems. This isn't something that regularly happens but when it does the only fix is to delete those damaged files and allow OS X to create some new ones.

How to Access Corrupted Files on Mac

Step 1: Access-Finder and click on the Go menu and then click on Go to Folder all the way at the bottom.

How to Access Corrupted Files on Mac

Step 2: After clicking on the Go to Folder, a window should pop up. In this window, you need to type the following: /Library/Preferences and then select the blue Go button.

Step 3: You should now be looking at a new Finder window. Look for a file named com.Bluetooth.plist. Right-click on it and choose move to trash.

Fix Your Macs Bluetooth Problems

Step 4: Now it's time to repeat step one where you go to the Go menu in the Menu Bar and click on Go to Folder. When the window pops up again, get rid of any text that appears and type in the following: ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost. Don't forget to click on the Go button.

Step 5: In the Finder window, look for the file that's named com.apple.Bluetooth.xxxxxxx and right click to trash it. Don't worry if the file name that's on your Mac doesn't exactly match the image; it's going to be different for everyone.

Step 6: It's time to reboot your Mac and when it turns back on your Mac will automatically create new Bluetooth files.
https://howtosimply.com/easily-fix-macs-bluetooth-problems-1850/

Ask a Question