Blue Question Mark Icon instead of my Images...please help

Reaction score
Screenshot%202018-03-07%2016.30.31.png

I keep getting a blue box with a white question mark in it when I am in mail applications. I can see my images as a png when I save them on my desktop to load into my email signature line, but when I put them into my email signature they are gone and replaced with this question mark box. I cannot do anything with this box once it is there except delete it. I have restarted my computer and email and everything many many times and nothing changes. I just noticed that the same little box showed up on my work email where the company logo should have been. Also, I took a screen shot of my work email showing this little blue box where the logo should be and attached the screenshot on this message and even it is a blue question mark box. Any help is so greatly appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Which version of OS X/Apple Mail?

Sometimes that is because you have Load remote content in messages disabled in Mail > Preferences > Viewing.

As for the email signature, they have to be setup as an HTML signature and link to an image that way. That can be a moderately involved undertaking. You can't just drag and drop a PNG into your signature.

C

Reaction score
Thank you for your response.

I am using mail version 8.2.

I checked my mail settings and the load remote content was on, so it must be something else in regards to what I'm seeing on my company site logo (not my own). As for doing my own, I was doing the drag and drop...i didn't know I couldn't until you stated it. Silly me. How do I connect my own image???

Ask a Question