black font and background

Reaction score
Can someone please help me, I am going crazy. Last night I restarted my computer and they font is black, and so is the background of all of the displays. I can't see anything (because it's black) to try to fix it. When I switch to guest it's not like that, so there is some setting off in my profile. Thank you for any help!!
photo_1-2.jpg

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-What version of OS X?
-Which model Mac?
-Did this occur after installing any software?
-Do you have any anti-virus or third-party apps like MacKeeper or CleanMy Mac installed?
-Have you checked in Font Book to ensure no System fonts were deactivated/deleted?

C

Reaction score
Hi!! Thank you so much for the reply. I have an IMac. It's the newest update of OS X. I don't any anti virus software. I can't look at anything because any time I try to open any tab they are black like the one above and I can't read it. It must be a setting since it's not like that when I change users on it?

Reaction score
Can someone please help me, I am going crazy. Last night I restarted my computer and they font is black, and so is the background of all of the displays. I can't see anything (because it's black) to try to fix it. When I switch to guest it's not like that, so there is some setting off in my profile. Thank you for any help!!

Maybe it's a stupid question, I know you switched to the Guest user, but did you restart the machine?

Try changing something about the desktop. Change the wallpaper, choose the notification center, anything to force a graphic refresh and see if the result changes. Also go into finder view options and try to adjust the text size of icons. I noticed that your folder icons are also black. Other people have had success with similar issues by connecting or disconnecting an external display.

Ask a Question