Big Sur operating system issue; Mackie Profx 10 v3 not working properly...

Reaction score
Purchased new 2020 iMac few days ago, tried to use my Mackie profx10 v3 to no avail. The input to Zoom appears to be working i.e. mic input and bass guitar goes through to Zoom OK but the speaker coming back to Profx 3/4 does not work. Due to Big Sur being fairly new is there a fix to enable me to use my Mackie?

Or is it the way I am trying to set up???

Raymondo UK

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Nice mixer...I have a Mackie 1402-VLZ3 from a few years ago, but it doesn't have the effects and USB functions that your ProFX10v3 has. You iMac shouldn't need any driver installed, as that is required for Windows only.

It sounds like you have things connected properly. The issue is probably related to what is called a mix-minus. It is very common, and used widely in radio, podcasting, television, etc.

See if these help:
Mackie ProFX8v2 Review and USB Mix Minus tutorial.
How to Set up a Mix Minus for Recording Skype

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory for a quick response to my issue. The videos are great and yes you are correct it is to do with the mix minus part of the mixer...
I am awaiting information from Apple to eliminate the iMac (hopefully). I will let you know of any findings. Thanks again....

Ask a Question