SOLVED macOS Big Sur

Reaction score
Just downloaded the Update (but yet to install) is there any real benefit plse advise

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You are still running Catalina, correct? I would wait for a bit, since you may have to update some of your third-party software.

C

Reaction score
I have downloaded the upgrade but have NOT installed it. What is the best way forward. How can I delete it at
This present time ( can I just push it into the bin) The system update was sitting in the Software updates in the doc

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, you will see it in your Applications folder - Install macOS Big Sur. You can delete it safely, as you can always download it again when you want to install it.

C

Reaction score
I've tried updating to Big Sur, but it keeps telling me that I need more disk space. So I made a load of space, way more than it said I needed, and then tried again. But it then said I needed even more space. So thinking that it might be the installation files that are huge I tried to download it to an external hard drive, but I can't work out how.

Any ideas?

Ask a Question