SOLVED I Am Missing the Safari Top Tabs in Big Sur

Reaction score
I find a number of shocking changes in Big Sur (that color arrangement is the stuff of nightmares) but I am really missing the top tabs in Safari. Now Safari looks like Firefox: tab-less. Is there a way to get the tabs back?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

In the menu bar, try clicking View and then Show Tab Bar and/or Show Favorites Bar.

Also, you can turn off the transparent menu bar and windows by checking the box in  > System Preferences... > Accessibility > Display > Reduce transparency.

Hope that helps.

C

Reaction score
Thanks, Cory! On second look, I see that the tabs still exist, but I cannot access the favorites by clicking on a + sign at the extreme right of the tab line, which was my preferred way to add a tab. For instance, if I was writing some text, I could go to Favorites > search engine and then click back on the tab of origin to return.
But I can delete some of the existing tabs by clicking on the x that appears at the extreme left of each tab, same as in the past.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK

The New Tab button moved to the Toolbar. Try View > Customize Toolbar and add the New Tab + icon.

C

Ask a Question