How is Big Sur working out?

Reaction score
Time to get a new laptop for my wife, who has only ever used Windows PCs. The new Macbook Air looks impressive, but I'm always leery of new OSs before the bugs have been worked out. Is there anything about Big Sur at this point that should be a concern? Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I am finally running Big Sur on a MacBook Air, and it seems to be good so far. The main issues would be for folks that are upgrading from an older version of OS X/macOS, since Big Sur requires 64-bit applications, so a lot of older software will not run/install.

If you are starting out with a brand new MBA with Big Sur, you shouldn't have too many issues, other than the slight learning curve coming from Windows PCs.

Hope that helps.

C

Reaction score
I recently installed Big Sur on my MacBook Air and have noticed that since I installed it, when I get an email on apple mail with an attachment it doesn't show at the bottom of the email as usual. After a lot of time spent trying to find out how to access the attachment, I found that you can, by going to the file menu and select "Quick look attachments". Anyone else had this problem?

Reaction score
Winzip (7) for Mac has still not seen to be working at the moment (used for encrypting documents). I hope that this gets sorted out shortly

Reaction score
Time to get a new laptop for my wife, who has only ever used Windows PCs. The new Macbook Air looks impressive, but I'm always leery of new OSs before the bugs have been worked out. Is there anything about Big Sur at this point that should be a concern? Thanks
It knackered my printer driver. Still haven't sorted that out. Everything has been popping up in various huge sizes all over my desktop. I am having to reorganise my screens for just about everything.

Reaction score
It knackered my printer driver. Still haven't sorted that out. Everything has been popping up in various huge sizes all over my desktop. I am having to reorganise my screens for just about everything.
I had problems installing an OKI Laser. when installing it offered Airprint , I went for the Oki driver. When Used Airprint solved

Ask a Question