Best Transfer Software Catalina 10.5.4

Reaction score
Just bought a new Mac and I want to transfer all of my music from my iPhone to Mac. I tried backing up my phone in Finder, but it will only move music I previously purchased in iTunes. It appears I need to get transfer software such as iMobie, Imazing, etc. I don't know anything about this software and am looking for reccommdations from someone who has used a transfer program.. I would like something that isn't complicated/. Thank you

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Officially, you can only transfer music/video files from an iPhone to a Mac that were purchased from iTunes, due to legal licensing reasons.

I have heard of those applications, but have never used them, so I cannot make a recommendation at this time.

Sorry,

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory, I will start researching software. Makes sense that it would be a licensing issue. They originally let me load them into iTunes from the CDs that I own. They are still in the iTunes account on my old computer. I can load them again into Apple Music using Finder and a CD drive, but can't transfer them directly from my phone. I really don't want to load them again as it is a huge collection that I have been adding since my iPhone 3. At least I still have the CDs if I decide to go that route.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

You could use an external HD and copy the entire iTunes Library from your old Mac, then import it into your current iTunes Library. It would probably be faster than using you iPhone and/or optical drive. And, you wouldn't have to reimport them from your CDs.

After looking at it, I do believe that iMazing may work for this as well.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question