audio problem

Reaction score
Nearly a year ago, I purchased a Tascam US-2000 interface for multitrack recording on Garageband. Up until this week it has worked well. I have done a lot of recording on it and whenever I want to just listen to music I can do so on Garageband or iTunes. Now, iTunes or any other audio that I want to listen to defaults to internal speakers. Garageband still plays through the interface but nothing else will. iTunes, U-Tube, iMovie, everything except Garageband now plays through internal speakers. When I go to System Preferences-Sound, I do not see the option of playing through the USB. Same with Utilities-Audio Midi Setup. I have reloaded the Tascam driver and the firmware update. I have replaced the USB cable. I have uninstalled the Tascam driver and firmware and downloaded new ones and installed them. Nothing seems to help. I don't know what else to try.
Macbook 10.6.8, Garageband '09

Reaction score
Not sure on 10.6.8 but you could try deleting User>Library>Preferences>UserEventAgent.plist

and then do a restart and set your sound System Preference again.

Reaction score
Hi Kaveman,
Thank you for the response. I found all kinds of plist's, but I did not find UserEventAgent.plist.

Ask a Question