Problem with tape/vinyl audioconversion

Reaction score
I have a new Mac.

I use EZ audio converter to transfer tapes and vinyl to iTunes. When I try to use it on the Mac the input is via the Mac microphone (background noise, me coughing etc.) rather than via the USB connection. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hope this helps.

Open System Preferences
Click on 'Sound'
Click on the 'Input' tab
Set the input volume to zero using the slider
Close System Preferences.

Give it a shot after the microphone volume has ben disabled to zero. Also set your default audio device to whatever recorder you are using.

Are you sing snow leopard?

-varun

Reaction score
Option click on the volume icon in the menu bar. You should see a list of option in which you should be able to set the default audio device. That is if you are using snow leopard.

-cpv

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I have a new Mac.

I use EZ audio converter to transfer tapes and vinyl to iTunes. When I try to use it on the Mac the input is via the Mac microphone (background noise, me coughing etc.) rather than via the USB connection. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I realise it's been 2 weeks since the OP started this thread, but FWIW, there are instructions here that should help you out:

EZ Converter Macintosh OSX - Setup Instructions

If the incorrect option is selected, your recordings will not come out as expected. For example, if you have Internal microphone highlighted you will record room sounds picked up by your Mac’s built-in mic.

Ask a Question