problem getting the microphone in the list of audio input devices in Mac 0S X 10.7.3

Reaction score
Hi,
first of all thanks for start reading my question. here i am going to explain it in detail. so please suggest something to overcome the problem.
i am getting problem in getting the external microphone connection in mac os x.
i have tried the following
1) i have gone to corner apple-->system preferences -- > audio --> input---> there it only shows only one input.

2) i have tried setting from Applications---> utilities --> audio MIDI setups -->builtin input-->checked for frequency.. which is same on other mac.

i need to connect the external audio input (ie microphone) to make the skype call.
i have tested a skype test call. in all the 4 macs in company. but not be able to make it work.
so can any one please suggest some way to make it correct. and help handling the skype calls.
thanks

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Re: problem getting the microphone in the list of audio input devices in Mac 0S X 10.

Which Macs do you have and where are you connecting the mic, also what type of mic is it?

Reaction score
Re: problem getting the microphone in the list of audio input devices in Mac 0S X 10.

i am having Mac mini with OS X version 10.7.3
i had also test it on Mac mini with OS X version 10.7.4 and version 10.6.8
and i am connecting the microphone with the slot provided on Mac mini.
it's jack 2.5 mm size microphone same size as that of headphone pin. and headphone works properly on every device but when try connecting microphone it won't.
and when i try it on mac book it runs properly.
so, what may the cause for the problem?
i had googled a lot but no other solutions working for me.
i hope for helping response.
thanks

Ask a Question