Application Problems

Reaction score
Hello friends,

My situation:

I edited the systemversion.plist file in core services on MAC in order to run an update for pro tools software, now many of my programs are not recognized. I edited the plist back to original OS version I am running, but still programs Are not recognized. Including time machine.

Cannot backup as result, do not have original install disk

Running os x Sierra 10 13 2

Included text shows current status of systemversion.plist file, which I edited back to reflect my current OS high Sierra

Previously changed system version to 10.9 so Protools update could run

Anyone know wth is going on? Lol

I would definitely Appreciate your help
Táputni
Tim LittleHawk Blanchette

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>17C88</string>
<key>ProductCopyright</key>
<string>1983-2017 Apple Inc.</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>Mac OS X</string>
<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
<string>10.13.2</string>
<key>ProductVersion</key>
<string>10.13.2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Upon startup, entered recovery mode, and changed from default setting I forget whether I enabled or disabled this function...

Utilities - terminal
Csrutilxstatus
Disable
Sync; reboot

Then I edited the systemversion.plist
Then I attempted to install the pro tools

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for your trouble, but that is why it is never advisable to edit System files directly. It can easily make your system unstable.

-Which version of Pro Tools?
-Was your Time Machine backup current before this issue?

You could try reinstalling High Sierra over the top of your current installation.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for your trouble, but that is why it is never advisable to edit System files directly. It can easily make your system unstable.

-Which version of Pro Tools?
-Was your Time Machine backup current before this issue?

You could try reinstalling Sierra over the top of your current installation.

C

Thanks for your response.

I ended up booting in safe mode, and reinstalling mac os X high sierra.

That worked as far as I now have access to all my apps.

However, now my pro tools 10 is not compatible with the operating system. Can not import audio mp3 into protools and I'm sure other functions are effected. I ordered a compatible version of mac OS X, so hopefully that will resolve that issue.

But NOW whenever I boot, this black screen comes up and it looks like a system scan/report scrolls down the screen. I can take a video of it if you think you could help?

I am really trying to resolve my computer issues without having to drop money on some geek squad service.

On another note,

I cant update two apps because of some issue with my apple id. They are registered with an oldf apple id. I do not have access to that old apple id. This is also effecting my ability to utilize my cloud services connected to my external hard drive.

Sorry just thought Id give it ashot when I had your attention.

Appreciate any knowledge you might have

Ask a Question