Apple Photos

Reaction score
I have recently moved from a PC to Mac Mini2 and this is my first post. I have a large 1TB photo library held on an external SSD which I have "linked", not copied, as my internal mac mini ssd is only 512GB, to Apple Photos. However, as I make changes to the photos held on the external SSD (eg keywords, photo enhancements, deletions, etc) I am not seeing these reflected in Apple Photos.

Is there a way to "refresh" Apple photos or re-synch? as Apple Photos is so good for Face ID which my kids love!

Reaction score
Are you making the changes to the photos in the photos app, or in another app?

Also, have you made the library on the external drive the system library (you do this in the Preferences/Settings).

Reaction score
no, I had thought about moving library to my external ssd but using the copy function would max it out as its only 2TB.

Reaction score
When you make changes in the photos app then the changes should show up. If the photos are stored outside of your library, then changes made by a different app other than Photos then the changes will not be seen in the Photos.app

Ask a Question