Apple Photos on Mac

Reaction score
Up to a week ago I could transfer the photos from my camera to my Mac via an USB cable into a map in Documents where I assembled them into submaps according to separate events etc. So just mij own custom-made maps, which I can later store and keep on external HDD.

For this transfer I always used old Picasa, but when I try to do it now Picasa does not see my camera any more. Maybe Google Photos (which I used a few times before) prevents me now from doing that although during a long time there was no conflict between the two.

The other player in this game, Apple Photos, on the contrary apparently ‘saw’ my camera and downloaded the new photos from my camera. They are in the folder Macintosh HD/….. /Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary, where I find them in the form of small pictures. But I cannot copy them to my own map in Documents as files.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance! Dirk

Reaction score
Need to know the following:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are you using?

I am not much of a "photo guy", but when I googled "Picasa", one of the "hits" was this:

https://picasa.google.com/

So, according to that, Picasa has been "retired" (whatever that means). But apparently there are instructions on that link about what one can do.

Reaction score
Need to know the following:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are you using?

I am not much of a "photo guy", but when I googled "Picasa", one of the "hits" was this:

https://picasa.google.com/

So, according to that, Picasa has been "retired" (whatever that means). But apparently there are instructions on that link about what one can do.

Thank you for your reaction! I solved the problem in the meantime and I shamefully admit that I forgot to look in the taskbar. I found the option 'export' there ...... So simple. An example of how crisp one can become in the face of a problem.

And yes, I know Picasa is virtually dead, abandoned by Google. But since it does not use internet (like picasaweb does) what is the danger? I sometimes still use it to manage and improve the quality of my photos. Cheers, Dirk

Reaction score
Cool! Glad you got it resolved. Funny that it is (typically) always something simple! Don't feel bad, as similar situations have also caught me, even though I am a firm believer in the KISS philosophy: Keep It Simple Stupid!

Ask a Question