Apple Aperture/Photos transition to Adobe Bridge CC

Reaction score
Hello,

I am very new to the forum and hope someone can help me troubleshoot these two problems I am having at work.

Firstly: My workplace still uses Apple Aperture to sort and organize hundreds of thousands of photographs yearly and we are finally transitioning to Adobe Bridge CC for the hopeful future. My problem is I am needing to take all of the files, tags, metadata, ALL of the organizational tools my workplace has used to sort and organize the years of photos and I want to bring it all into Adobe Bridge, keeping the organizational structure, tags, and metadata that was created in Aperture originally. I am on a new Mac though that does not have Aperture, only Apple Photos so is there any way that I can output the organizational structure from an Aperture file and import it into Bridge without having access to Aperture?

Secondly: I need to do the same with a secondary even older library that has all been organized in Apple Photos. Brining it all into Adobe Bridge CC without loosing all of the organizational structure?

Please can anyone help me with this problem...

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

We'll need a little more information first:

-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of Aperture?
-Which version of Photos?
-Which version of Adobe Creative Suite/Bridge?

This may be a difficult and drawn out task. I know that there are some instructions for migration on Adobe's website, but I am not totally clear whether it will retain all of the folder structure and metadata. Be sure you have a current and complete backup of your data before proceeding, in case things go awry.

C

Ask a Question