Anyone know of any 'doctor' programs that check up on the Mac's operating system.

Reaction score
anyone know of any 'doctor' or examining programs that check up on the Mac's operating system, as most that I see only check on the hard disk and file structure.

I realy want to find out if any of the internal mac OSX components are corrupted or removed. ( know Adobe managed to download and install a monitoring program for my Photoshop.

got this rather cryptic message on Startup this morning.. last time I had the, and the computer "failed to proceed" next day, it took ages to re-install the OSx and all the programs..

regards, Sandy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 6.14.53 am.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 6.14.53 am.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 168

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

There aren't any applications that will test all the components and files of macOS. There are utilities that extensively test Mac hardware, and some that check hard drive file and structure, but nothing to verify the integrity of the OS.

A few troubleshooting questions:
-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-How much free space is left on the drive?
-What items are listed in  > System Preferences.. > Users & Groups > your account > Login Items?
-When does that error message appear - always/intermittently at startup, when using specific apps, etc.?

C

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for you reply.
27" 1Mac (2013) now running high sierra.
80 gig free space. (on 1Tb HD... it second one after one failed totaly in 2014)
that error message came up again previously mid last year and the hard drive stopped next day, but a shocking 24 hour clean install of high sierra fixed it, till now.

now this message has shown up again.

the problem is rescue and others clean install defaults back to leopard, and I then has to go though upgrades to get back to High Sierra.
(and the problem I have is that Time Machine backups cant be re installed if the system has been altered in any way. (or altlest that is what happedn when I have tried to reinstall using Time Machine...

Photoshop is the only program i know well. so get lost when looking other things. Even though I have lectured at the local Mac Club.

regards, Sandy

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 11.11.10 am.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 11.11.10 am.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 168

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Next time you get the error, click the Show Report and see if you can print it or take a screenshot of it.

EOS Utility is software for you're Canon EOS camera. It is supposed to be there.

C

Reaction score
I set up my computer so I could do live view from the camera to my computer but have only ever used itonce. I suppose I should delete it.
will try and print that report out. anything i should look for in it...
regards, Sandy

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

It depends on what the report is saying. You should be able to view it, select it all, copy and paste it here.

C

Ask a Question