All My Documents Were Deleted.

Reaction score
This morning I was working on a paper before I left to school. I saved it, closed word, closed my laptop, and it was in sleep mode. When I got to school I opened up Finder and found that all my documents were deleted. I stil have my music, pictures, and movies, but my actual word documents are gone! I really need these files! Does anyone know how I can get them back. They are not in the trash (obviously) and when I try to find the documents I get nothing.

I really hope they are not gone for good. According to the guy at Apple, I am out of luck and I need to learn how to back up my files. I really didn't need that lecture at 8 in the morning. I just need the files!

Please if anyone has had this issue and solved it...I really need to know!

Thanks in advance!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

when you say all your documents were deleted...is everything gone ?

Did the guy at Apple get 'hands on' with your laptop ? or was this over the phone ?

If you have somehow accidentally deleted the files, then the only way to get them back is to use software such as DataRescue ll.

Its hard to sy what has happened without being able to look at your computer...sorry.

Files can't delete themselves, either someone else has done it or it was some sort of virus/application that has deleted them.

If you use DataRescue ll you will also need an external hard drive to copy the recovered files to.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question