SOLVED Aceess to documents denied

Reaction score
Hi I am unable to save a new Word document for a new file name or open a Word attachment
Message -----Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges. I have tried to 'trick it' by renaming the document or sending a copy to my email but nothing.

Reaction score
Check the sharing permissions, right click on a word file, click 'Get Info' and see what it says under 'Sharing and Permissions'

Reaction score
I had the same issue after the macOS Ventura 13.3.1 (a) Rapid Response Update. The solution was to reinstall MacOS Ventura 13.3.1. Even after the Rapid Response Update reinstalled again, my permission issue stayed fixed.

You can download the MacOS Ventura 13.3.1 installer at https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-ventura/id1638787999 and just run the installer over your exsting OS.

You will not lose any data doing this, but it is still advised that you backup your Mac before running the installer.

Reaction score
Check the sharing permissions, right click on a word file, click 'Get Info' and see what it says under 'Sharing and Permissions'
Thank you for the replies- very helpful ...as well as checking "permissions' I purchased additional iCloud space and all in all I am back at peace with my Mac!

Reaction score
I had the same issue after the macOS Ventura 13.3.1 (a) Rapid Response Update. The solution was to reinstall MacOS Ventura 13.3.1. Even after the Rapid Response Update reinstalled again, my permission issue stayed fixed.

You can download the MacOS Ventura 13.3.1 installer at https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-ventura/id1638787999 and just run the installer over your exsting OS.

You will not lose any data doing this, but it is still advised that you backup your Mac before running the installer.
Thank you!

Ask a Question