10.2 (unfortunately) server help

Reaction score
I have been somewhat tossed into the midst of a situation. I don't have a lot of experience with OSX server software, and definitely not software as old as 10.2.

We have 4 X-serve blades running 10.2. Previously they were somehow in sync, so that no matter which one you connected to, your password would be accepted and you would see your current files. This was before my time, I'm just going on what users are telling me. The user files all seem to be mirrored on the 2nd hard drive of each blade (still).

Each blade has been reinstalled with 10.2 after a system crash by the previous admin, but each is a standalone system now. I can configure the system to allow logins to any machine in the cluster, but I'm stumped about:

1. How to mirror the user data across each node in the cluster

2. How to make it so that any user logging in to any node will see their files on the node

If it was a later version of the server software, I'd just set up an X-grid and be done with it, but the group can't afford to upgrade and the machines are past the server upgrade agreement dates. :(

Any help would be appreciated, though I'm aware it may be beyond the scope of these forums. I'm happy to provide any additional information if it is needed. The machines are networked with static IPs.

Ask a Question