How can I delete a server in Apple Mail?

Reaction score
In Apple Mail v.10.3 (3273), when I try to send a message I often get this error:
cannot send.jpg

When I select one of the 2 iCloud servers on the list the message returns but when I select the other the message is sent. How can I determine which iCloud server is the problem and how can I then delete it so it no longer appears on the list? Thank you.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You could try clicking the Edit SMTP Server List button and see which one is being used by iCloud, or which one is configured more completely. Most of the time, the order they are listed is the same as that window, so you could delete the one that doesn't work.

C

Reaction score
Hello,You could try clicking the Edit SMTP Server List button and see which one is being used by iCloud, or which one is configured more completely.C

Thank you for the suggestion. I deleted the only iCloud server listed using "Edit SMPT Server List" and I can now send a message from Mail with no problem but I have a new question.
deleted 2.jpg
edit server list 3.jpg

Since I no longer see an iCloud server in the list I do not have all the options (to enter passwords, ports, use SSL, etc.) so am I still sending messages securely?

Ask a Question