XLSX Files & Sierra?

Reaction score
I need a program that can read .xlsx files and input data into them.

(As it is, the input boxes are greyed out.)

What would be my best (and cheapest) options?

I am running Sierra 10.12.6.

Reaction score
Thanks - looks good!
You should also try Numbers. I only have MS 365 so that I could convert my Numbers documents to Excel if my clients prefer it over Numbers, but all the work I do on spreadsheets is done in Numbers.

Reaction score
Numbers won't install on this OS.
This article details how to download a trial version of iWork. Install and launch each app once, and then go to the App Store to (hopefully) get a free update for your OS version.

Reaction score
Thanks - doesn't work.
It gets to 'download an older version of Pages' over and over, with nothing happening.
As for Numbers, it says 'cannot update because it was purchased with a different Apple ID.'

Reaction score
Thanks - doesn't work.
It gets to 'download an older version of Pages' over and over, with nothing happening.
As for Numbers, it says 'cannot update because it was purchased with a different Apple ID.'
That’s unfortunate. I guess Apple got wise to this workaround. I do have LibreOffice.app installed as well. I did a quick test and it was able to open Numbers and Excel files, and save them back to Numbers and Excel. I never used LibreOffice before on spreadsheet documents, just on very problematic PDF files which even Adobe Creative Cloud apps, or other PDF programs couldn’t parse.

Very impressive, actually.

Ask a Question