Problem finding common named files. high sierra.

Reaction score
i will often search for files, by a word in their file name, and despite the file existing, my imac failes to see/finf them.
the I use the Companys name as the first word of any poster files image name, and they any other distinctive words in that poster.

the file is names Reuter Pildoritas Lengua Sucia, I have checked, and i searched on Reuter and it did not find it al all. checke all. (it shows up in a Adobe bridge search... but that takes ages).

too many examples to post here, but a common thing on my mac. (27" 2012 imac, 32gig-1tb. 64 gig free space)

regards, Sandy

Attachments

• apple searct problem.jpg
    apple searct problem.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 26
Reaction score
i will often search for files, by a word in their file name, and despite the file existing, my imac failes to see/finf them.
the I use the Companys name as the first word of any poster files image name, and they any other distinctive words in that poster.

the file is names Reuter Pildoritas Lengua Sucia, I have checked, and i searched on Reuter and it did not find it al all. checke all. (it shows up in a Adobe bridge search... but that takes ages).

too many examples to post here, but a common thing on my mac. (27" 2012 imac, 32gig-1tb. 64 gig free space)

regards, Sandy
I am noticing that searches in Finder has become more and more unreliable. I normally use Spotlight search as well as Alfred, or simply entering parts of the file name in the search field in Finder windows, and even if it’s obvious that the text I enter in the field is definitely in the window itself, it still fails a lot of the time.

The problem has lately been exacerbated in macOS Monterey, and since file searches is vital to my work routine, I have turned to Find Any File, available from the App Store ( -> App Store…). One great advantage to FAF is you can narrow your search parameters to make the process much faster and more precise. I have reported the Find bug to Apple Support but, as usual, no response.

I have tried resetting Spotlight, narrowing Search Results parameters, and adding volumes and folders to the Privacy list to narrow down the search area, to no avail.

Ask a Question