working with multiple desktops

Reaction score
I have no idea if anyone will be watching this old thread, but I found it upon searching for an answer.

On my old Macbook Air I could drag a tab in Chrome to an adjacent different desktop. This allowed me to put all tabs related to, say, work on one desktop, and all Chrome tabs related to research on another desktop. These desktops definitely did *not* mirror each other. They allowed my work to stay uncluttered by segregating Chrome-based projects onto different desktops.

On my new Macbook Pro I have created multiple desktops. The thing is, they mirror each other. If I drag a tab from one desktop to another, it recreates the original desktop in my new desktop. In other words, everything I do in one desktop is being mirrored on every other desktop running that same application. I can't segregate my tabs onto different desktops because it all gets mirrored across all desktops. This definitely wasn't happening on the Mac I just got rid of, and I can't even really see how multiple desktops could be helpful if every desktop mirrors every other one.

Any thoughts?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X on the MBA and the MBP?
-Have you compared the settings on both in  > System Preferences... > Mission Control?

C

Ask a Question