Firefox not Working in main profile but does work in test profile

Reaction score
I have read the forum and am not a Mac Expert. I am not sure where a couple of suggested locations are to be found to follow the fixes.

Open the Terminal application, and type "open -a Firefox" at the prompt, then
hit Enter. Do you get any error messages? Where is the terminal application?

Reaction score
That Terminal command worked for me, that is, when I entered in Terminal, the Firefox application I have was found, and launched. Do you have Firefox inside your Applications folder?

Also, not sure what you mean by "in test profile". Maybe explain that to us.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I have Firefox in my Application folder. When I double click on the app icon to launch or right click to open Firefox, it blinks and nothing else happens. I ran the Disk Utility scan and typed the command in terminal mode and no changes. I called apple support and they had me set up a new profile called "test" to see if Firefox would launch, which it did open Firefox. I have moved Firefox to trash and reinstalled 5 times.

Michael

Reaction score
That is really weird! What Mac OS are you running?

Maybe try the following:

1. Download the excellent freeware program AppCleaner, available from here:

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

It does an excellent job of removing most files/folders associated with an application that one wants to remove (with App Cleaner).

2. Install AppCleaner, launch it, and drag the icon for Firefox onto it. That will find most files/folders, etc. associated with Firefox (including the bookmarks).

3. Once that completes, download and install the latest version of Firefox. Hopefully that will work.

4. Also, you could download and install another good browser, Opera, available from here:

https://www.opera.com/?utm_campaign...MIxIHYjbSt3gIVF41-Ch2cZA7tEAAYASAAEgIkOfD_BwE

Ask a Question