Am I the only one who uses Safari over chrome and firefox?

Reaction score
Don't know why but despite lesser extensions and features, i love Safari over chrome and firefox. i find it faster and lagless. what is your browser?

Reaction score
I use safari 98% of the time, but I use chrome when using google maps as safari seems to struggle with it.

Reaction score
I have never used Safari on a regular basis, as it was/is too slow. For quite some time, my browser of choice was Firefox: faster than Safari, and has a lot of extensions available. But then I discovered Google Chrome, and it is a speed demon compared to any other browser. And like Firefox, there are quite a number of extensions for it. Somewhat recently I have also been using Opera, and it is a good one also. Not as fast as Chrome, but faster than Firefox, and definitely faster than Safari.

Reaction score
Don't know why but despite lesser extensions and features, i love Safari over chrome and firefox. i find it faster and lagless. what is your browser?
I prefer Safari. I’ve tried several others, but I always come back to Safari as my main browser.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I use Safari 90% of the time. I also use Google Chrome for Google-related sites and those which require Flash, as I do not have and will not install Adobe Flash on any of my Macs.

C

Reaction score
I try use Safari 100 percent of the time however. I try to watch some MSNBC videos and there is no controls at the bottom of the screen . The talking read starts talking butter is no sound. so I then switch to opera. Is there a cure for this?

Reaction score
I use Safari for my financial work on the computer. Firefox is my main browser because of the extensions and is faster than Safari.

Reaction score
I try use Safari 100 percent of the time however. I try to watch some MSNBC videos and there is no controls at the bottom of the screen . The talking read starts talking butter is no sound. so I then switch to opera. Is there a cure for this?

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Plus on many of the medical sites I use the navigation arrows do not work. I use Chrome for anything that needs flash player because Safari refuses to let me install it!

Reaction score
I use all three: Safari, Chrome, Firefox. One huge (to me) advantage Firefox and Chrome have is "Keepa" --this is an extension you can use on Amazon. It gives the price price history (Amazon, new, used) for each book you choose over a 3-4 month period. It's simply not available for Safari--Keepa blames Apple for changing the extension rules. In any case, since I buy books on Amazon a lot, this is invaluable to me.

Reaction score

Safari is my default browser. I use it unless I have a specific reason not to - e.g., a particular webpage isn't working correctly, or I'm using the Pearson education software that I need for work (which requires Chrome). I don't use a lot of extensions - mainly the ABP ad blocker, Honey (which tracks price changes on Amazon and many other stores and searches for promo codes), and Grammarly. I like having my bookmarks and passwords synced between my laptop, desktop, phone, and iPad. I'm surprised that others find it slow. That has never been my experience. Also, Apple supports Safari. If I have a question or a problem, I can call the 800 number or stop into the store and get help for no charge. I don't think there's another browser that offers that kind of support.

Reaction score
I use Safari but have no idea what an extension is and whether I should be using them. As you can tell I am an older computer user!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Adobe Flash is a security nightmare, not to mention that it hogs system resources. It is simply an outdated technology, and even Adobe has scheduled it for end-of-life in 2020. Numerous times over the past few years, all of the major browsers have blocked it from running due to vulnerabilities.

-Thoughts on Flash
-Widely-used Flash Player in trouble over security problems

C

Last edited:
Reaction score
As usual, Copy comes through! I abandoned using Flash about a year ago in Google Chrome (and more recently in Opera) for just some of the reasons Cory stated and linked to.

Reaction score

Ask a Question