Virtual MIDI causes Mac to hang

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a DJ and I'm using the Mac's Virtual MIDI network over WiFi on my Macbook Air to synchronize other devices with the MIDI signal from my DJ Software (Traktor Pro). Therefore I'm using a little WiFi/LTE router. Everything works fine as long as the router has access to the Internet (mobile network). Last Saturday I was on a location with absolutely no mobile connection, and my Mac became nearly unresponsive as soon as I start the "MIDI Studio" (Mac's MIDI setup) or Traktor Pro (or obviously any MIDI related software). I only see the spinning wheel. It turned out that the Mac restores normal operation as soon as I either turn off WiFi, or somehow get it connected to the Internet. The issue 100% reproducible even on my DSL router at home. After looking deeper, it looks like the MIDI-Studio is causing the issue. When opening "Audio-MIDI-Setup" => "MIDI Studio" and then clicking on "Network", I only see a spinning wheel for 1 - 2min until the window for the network settings opens up.

Can anybody tell me how I can tell the MIDI Studio, not to try any connection via Internet ... which is senseless anyway (at least in my case)? Thanks a lot!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with Traktor Pro. I think you may get better support for this particular issue in the NI Community Forum.

Let us know how it goes,

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory! I already created a thread there as well. But no luck. Meanwhile I opened a ticket at Apple Support, because it looks to be a Mac issue. They said they will get back to me on Monday. I'll post the resolution here once I have it.

Regards,
Bernd

Ask a Question