New Version of Firefox, V57.0, VERY FAST!

Reaction score
A new version of Firefox, V57.0, was released yesterday, and is it ever fast! I've been testing it out on my late 2012 MacMini, running the latest version of Sierra, OS 10.12.6, and it rivals the speed of Google Chrome. I am going to keep trying it out for a while, including on my other Mac, a mid 2013 13" MacBook Air, also running the latest version of Sierra, OS 10.12.6, and if it keeps performing as good as I have seen, I just might switch back to it as my primary browser, from Google Chrome.

One can get the new version from here:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Reaction score
Been noticing this new version aswell. Is nicely done smooth and light. Seems that mozilla developers have done a great job on this one.

Reaction score
Yeah, that is definitely the case. As I mentioned, I'll keep testing it on both of my machines, and if it continues to perform well, I'll make it the "default" browser on both machines (right now that is Google Chrome).

Ask a Question