Will updating to Mavericks force my iPhone to iOS 7?

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm migrating to a new MacBook machine. I sync my iPhone to iTunes somewhat regularly, but I still have iTunes 10.6.

I presume Mavericks "forces" you to the latest iTunes. I'm OK with that, but is that going to update my phone to iOS 7 next time I sync? I've actually been holding on to old iTunes because I heard a rumor that the latest iTunes updated your iDevices to iOS 7.

Thanks!

Reaction score
the updat5e automatically is a lie it will sync you i device and then a window will pop up of it will say when you click on the synced item that it is not updated to ios 7 (which i recommend its AWESOME) you should be fine but be prepared for spam about it

Reaction score
Hi,
I presume Mavericks "forces" you to the latest iTunes. I'm OK with that, but is that going to update my phone to iOS 7 next time I sync? I've actually been holding on to old iTunes because I heard a rumor that the latest iTunes updated your iDevices to iOS 7.
As has been said basic answer is no, as with any Apple device it is the user that has to choose to update there iOS or OS X. ;)
Will just add that iOS7 on both phone and iPad works very well.

Ask a Question