Lagging and radom characters after updating to High Sierra

Reaction score
I recently updated my iMac to High Sierra and IMMEDIATELY started having problems with my keyboard lagging and then typing random letters. I’ve made three calls to Apple and they say they haven’t heard of this problem, yet I’ve seen many others are having the same problem. I’ve reset the SMC and zapped the PRAM, debugged the Bluetooth, ran ONYX and rebooted many times with no luck. This only happens with the wireless keyboard. I never had a problem until the update. Any others have this problem or have a solution??

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I haven't heard of this issue either, but stranger things have happened. ;)

-Which exact model Mac?
-Which brand/model wireless keyboard?
-Which version of Mac OS X did you upgrade from?

We'll see if we can help troubleshoot.

C

Reaction score
iMac 21.5 in Late 2012
Apple Bluetooth wireless keyboard that came with the computer
10.9 Maverick to 10.13.6 High Sierra

I've reinstalled High Sierra - no difference. If I disconnect the wireless keyboard and use a wired keyboard I have no problems. This problem started immediately after the update. Google "keyboard problems after High Sierra update" and you'll see that others are having the same problem. The issue seems to be something with Bluetooth. There are no other factors near the keyboard (wireless phones, other wireless/bluetooth devices, etc.) that would interfere with the keyboard.

Ask a Question