Updating

Reaction score
My iCloud tells me to Update Apple ID Settings. So I Enter password to set up iCloud, then MAC password, all as instructed. So far so good, presumably, because I am now told to Go to one of my other devices signed in to iCloud to approve this iMAC.

This where the procedure comes to a halt because, whilst the original device tells me that it is Waiting for approval, nothing appears on the 'other device' and I do not know what to do. Any advice will be most appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Apple's two-factor authentication can be a serious pain. I have seen the loop you are in before, and it can be quite an undertaking to get it sorted out. If you happen to do things incorrectly, it can lock your Apple ID, and you will have to create a new one.

Because of that, I always suggest working with Apple directly to resolve this issue.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

I purposely do not use it, and won't until it is 100% required for all Apple services.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

C

Reaction score
Thank you for that Cory. I don't know how I've got into this position with a two-factor authentication and I'll try to get out of it if I can. I'll post the results if successful, but in the meantime, your reply is appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You're very welcome. Sorry I couldn't help more.

I hope it turns out well for you.

C

Ask a Question