SOLVED Wi Fi access issue

Reaction score
I accidentally accessed a free WI Fi on my MB air. I manually back onto my home ISP (without a problem) I was told a while
Back how to correct that but cannot quite remember how it is/was done? So that is my only question.
I have tried selecting:- “ System Preferences” ▶️ “ Network” ▶️ Selecting my Network name. This works but when I close
down the MB and restart again; I again have to go through the same rigmarole. I did this many moons ago and it worked
but I am blowed if I can remember. Many thanks in advance. jnscts

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I take it that your Mac is coming up with the free wifi as the first choice for connecting?

If so, go into Sys Prefs>Network and click on the Advanced button at bottom right. You should see a list of networks that your Mac has connected to in the past. You can select the free one and delete it.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Many thanks. After submitting the question “ the penny dropped” meaning I went that way
And un unclicked the free wi Fi in the advanced which resolved my problem. Many thanks

Ask a Question