SOLVED Wi Fi access issue

Reaction score
I accidentally accessed a free WI Fi on my MB air. I manually back onto my home ISP (without a problem) I was told a while
Back how to correct that but cannot quite remember how it is/was done? So that is my only question.
I have tried selecting:- “ System Preferences” ▶️ “ Network” ▶️ Selecting my Network name. This works but when I close
down the MB and restart again; I again have to go through the same rigmarole. I did this many moons ago and it worked
but I am blowed if I can remember. Many thanks in advance. jnscts

Reaction score
I take it that your Mac is coming up with the free wifi as the first choice for connecting?

If so, go into Sys Prefs>Network and click on the Advanced button at bottom right. You should see a list of networks that your Mac has connected to in the past. You can select the free one and delete it.

Reaction score
Many thanks. After submitting the question “ the penny dropped” meaning I went that way
And un unclicked the free wi Fi in the advanced which resolved my problem. Many thanks

Ask a Question