Why does Wireless Diagnostics incorrectly say my network cannot communicate with the internet?

maclife

Reaction score
My Wi-Fi network is connected but when I ran Wireless Diagnostics it says: "You are connected to a Wi-Fi network that cannot communicate with the internet...try restarting router. I that doesn’t work contact Apple Care." Is there something I need to look in to or can I ignore it? Thank you.

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Is there a specific reason you were running Wireless Diagnostics? Not sure why it would state that, but if your Wi-Fi and Internet are working, then you should be able to ignore it.

C

maclife

Reaction score
Hello,

Is there a specific reason you were running Wireless Diagnostics? Not sure why it would state that, but if your Wi-Fi and Internet are working, then you should be able to ignore it.

C
Thanks as always Cory.
Yes, my computer is brand new and I was using my normally reliable wireless network but I kept getting this message each time I tried to download a very large upgrade: "An error occurred while installing selected updates. The network connection was lost." WD found a problem that I corrected which solved that problem and I wanted to see if there were any other problems WD was finding.

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...glad it did fix the previous issue.

I wouldn't worry about it for now.

C

Ask a Question