Why do I have to reset my iCloud password daily

Reaction score
Since getting my new Air last week it requires me to create a new password every day for iCloud. It first asks for my password because "some account services will not be available until you sign in again". I never signed out, but I get this notice on every device. When I enter my password it says that it is the wrong password. I then reset the password and sign in. I then have to sign into iCloud on every device or the notice telling me to sign in will not go away even though I am already signed in. Tomorrow, I will have to do this all over again. A new password each day because yesterday's no longer works.

It's been suggested that I remove the Air from my iCloud account and then add it again, but I cannot remove it when following the instruction from Apple which are to go to Settings --- iCloud---scroll down to device you want to remove and click on it- --at this point Apple says to click on "remove device", but I don't have that option. All I see are the Air's details like operating system, model and serial number.

Reaction score
Since getting my new Air last week it requires me to create a new password every day for iCloud. It first asks for my password because "some account services will not be available until you sign in again". I never signed out, but I get this notice on every device. When I enter my password it says that it is the wrong password. I then reset the password and sign in. I then have to sign into iCloud on every device or the notice telling me to sign in will not go away even though I am already signed in. Tomorrow, I will have to do this all over again. A new password each day because yesterday's no longer works.

It's been suggested that I remove the Air from my iCloud account and then add it again, but I cannot remove it when following the instruction from Apple which are to go to Settings --- iCloud---scroll down to device you want to remove and click on it- --at this point Apple says to click on "remove device", but I don't have that option. All I see are the Air's details like operating system, model and serial number.
I think the instruction from Apple involves removing the device, your Mac, from your other Mac, iPhone, or iPad that are registered with iCloud. From there, for example, your iPhone, go to Settings, click on your identity, look for the Air, select, and click on Remove from Account. Wait a bit for the removal to take effect, then start the Air and go through the process of adding it back to your iCloud account.

Something similar was happening to me a while back, but I think it was a flaw on Apple’s end. After suffering through having to re-enter my Apple ID password in Systems Settings so often over several versions of macOS, one day, the problem finally disappeared on its own, along with the problem of a lot of my iCloud files not synchronizing with iCloud drive.

Reaction score
Thanks Tony, I replied to you yesterday, but my reply is no longer here.
You are correct. I was using my computer and not my phone, which is why I could not find "Remove from Account."

Before I figured it out I contacted Apple support and they want me to rule out the wifi first because they don't want to supply support if it's not an Apple issue. I will follow their suggestions and see how it goes.

Reaction score
Thanks Tony, I replied to you yesterday, but my reply is no longer here.
You are correct. I was using my computer and not my phone, which is why I could not find "Remove from Account."

Before I figured it out I contacted Apple support and they want me to rule out the wifi first because they don't want to supply support if it's not an Apple issue. I will follow their suggestions and see how it goes.
Yeah, I don’t know what’s going on. I was already writing a reply to your (lost) comment but when I tried to post it, I got an error message and when I tried to get back into it, it was gone.

Are your other Wi-Fi devices having similar problems? Of course not. That’s ruling it out.

Anyway, that’s typical of Apple Support, always trying to hedge. If you don’t assert that you know what you’re talking about, they can give you runarounds. Don’t get me started about my struggle over my Mac mini. Suffice it to say that I was able to prove all their excuses wrong. They finally replaced the Bluetooth module (which I already knew was the problem), after getting me to do so many steps that I knew would not work. And the icing on the cake: they gave me back the “fixed” unit which I had to return because they forgot to put back some screws. The report on the service: “Software Update.” Yeah, right. They couldn't even own up to their screw-ups. Had it not been still under warranty, I would have done the fix myself.

I suggest going ahead with removing your Mac device from iCloud. There’s very little you can do to break things.

Ask a Question