Old mac laptop help with password reset

Reaction score

Apple MacBook Pro 17-Inch "Core i7" 2.4 late 2011​

Hi. I found my old mac laptop but dont remember my password. I would like to access without losing data or do hard reset if that's not possible. There arent any apple id or accounts associated any more. And when i try to access the menu with reboot command R i get the circle with a line through it so it must have been older than sierra.

Anybody know how I can salvage this?

Thank you

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • Does the Mac startup to the login screen?
  • Can we get a photo of the login screen?
  • Have you tried not entering a password?
  • If you enter an incorrect password, a couple of times, does it give you a hint?
C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • Does the Mac startup to the login screen?
  • Can we get a photo of the login screen?
  • Have you tried not entering a password?
  • If you enter an incorrect password, a couple of times, does it give you a hint?
C
Hi thanks for the reply. It was going to the login screen pretty quickly but when I started trying all of the command are combinations and then tried the internet login thing, now it's just going to a white screen after sitting at the Apple logo loading forever. Please help me get access if you can

Reaction score
cant help you with the password problem. but to save the files, put that computer in Target Mode... shouldbe able to rescue ann files documenst & images, but may have a problem it emails...
Sandy

Ask a Question