Old laptop to Mac is it safe?

Reaction score
I've got a new MacBook Pro and I want to put some photos on it from my dads very old laptop if I put the photos on a USB from the old laptop then put them on to my Mac might I transfer some bugs. So I want to know is it safe to do this?:confused:

Reaction score
Hi,

Simple answer is no,:) you will not transfer bugs and yes it is safe, personally I would just plug in the USB stick with the images on then open iPhoto and use the import menu into its library. It will make the transfer process simple.

Reaction score
Thank you very much Oldscribe I will do that.

Also your name I can't workout the clue. Is it something to do with programming computers.

Reaction score
Your welcome, can I just ask you you have boot camped your Mac?
Is it something to do with programming computers.

Yes and no Lighting and Sound board programming.

Reaction score
ERR? boot camped? sorry I don't know what that means. So probably not.

I think I was close on the name thing. 8)

Reaction score
Boot camp will let you run windows etc, personally I would never do this and only run Mac software, thats why I moved to Mac years ago. But you will see the boot camp assistant in your utilities folder.
I think I was close on the name thing.
Yes you were.

Reaction score
I can't see any reason why I would want to run windows. Macs have a good rep so I will stick with it. I love my Mac its my first computer and I'm glad I chose it.

Thanx Oldscribe.

Reaction score
I love my Mac its my first computer and I'm glad I chose it.
Not going to preach to the converted and I think you will defiantly enjoy using your MBP, :)and personally I have found absolutely nothing that my Mac can not do in both the work and home environment.
Because with Apple software such as iWork > Logic Studio >Aperture etc, my once daily headaches and frustration from using PCs are none existent.:D
Macs are just a joy to use and do exactly what you want and how you want it done.

Two things I would defiantly do are
1) Regular Time machine backups.
2) Buy Apple care.

Reaction score
If your Apple computer is less that 12 months old you can buy AppleCare this extends the 12mth warranty to 36 months and adds 3 years of phone support too.

I highly recommend it.

If you have more than 10 Macs it may not be worth while, but for the rest of us its a must.

Ask a Question