Why are you called ........ ?

Ric

Reaction score
I'm always intrigued by the wierd and wonderful names everyone uses on the Internet...

I'm boring and have used my real name !

If you have an unusual "Posting" name please feel free to explain the history/reasoning behind it...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Kyomii was a name I made up because I used to play the game Kyodai from this site only ALL the time! (I actually played the game "slider" from the application, but this is seriously the best ever 7 in 1 game of Kyodai you will get anywhere.)

One day, I accidentally called it Kyomii (said as K -eye-o-me) so decided to put a spelling to it and came up with Kyomii. I googled it and it was no-where around on the internet at all.

This was about four or so years ago, however, you will see now when you google it that it is used in other places and a few people have asked about it, the meaning behind it, is it a secret code..... LOL

I don't mind more people using it, but people are even using it as their nickname now, because I am finding more and more the name has been taken on certain sites when I sign up, and I like it as a nickname and don't always get to use it now :(

Three of my four children also want to call their child Kyomii if they have a daughter, so I am hoping one of them does :)

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks, very interesting.

Sounds Hawaiian to me ?

Glad to see when you Google it, we're the top of 186,000 !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hey Ric

The planets must be aligned today! I was thinking about starting this thread! I go by two names on the net. Searay345 and Landshark678.

I'll start with Searay345. Searay is a boat company. Searay. I own a vintage searay. A 1976 22 foot yellow searay. I just got it working mechanically and now I am fixing it up aesthetically. Here are some pics:

myboat10sr.jpg

myboat28gp.jpg

For those who have wondered about a thread that I said I am putting a Mac-Mini in my boat - this is the boat!

My other name (Landshark678) I got because when I was younger, I entered a lot of food eating competitions. I was called Landshark because I could put down a lot of food. I will save you the gross details of how much I have eaten. ;)

Now you know!

Reaction score
Paul Davy is...rather predictably my (in part), real name. I can't have been feeling very imaginative when I signed on here. Sorry. Searay. I love your boat. A thing of beauty to be sure.

Reaction score
I am Tartan firstly because I am Scottish and extremely proud of it. I am a very passionate Scotsman. Its a cliche thing to associate "tartan" with someone Scottish and when posting on the internet and you become lost within millions of people, it makes it easy for someone to know something straight away about me.

Sparkle in my name came from special people in my life telling me that I have "sparkle". I know I have a bubbly, friendly and great personality and when people sum me up they have always tended to use this word. Its not very exotic or exciting by any means or clever, but its just me - The TartanSparkle ;)

SwampWitch

Reaction score
"SwampWitch" is from a skit by the Kids in the Hall (Canadian Comedy Troupe) that I saw about thirteen years ago. The name stuck somehow.

It's near the end of the skit:

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

p.s. NICE boat, searay!

Reaction score
Zeyhra is actually a modification of the last 4 letters of my last name (zera)... I was thinking up an easy to remember yet anonymous name for web use when I got my DSL a few years ago (since I'd been offline for a while due to not having a computer worth using on the internet... a Performa 636... and my former nickname of Bookworm began to be taken up by others when the internet really hit general usage)... My brother has adopted another variation on the same theme, so it's become kind of a family thing, though it kinda freaked out my parents when they first saw it, until they were told the explanation of it's origin.

Reaction score
For some reason I did not want to use my actual name so, as I am a keen digital camera user in an instant I just why not Digi, so Digi it was.
Sorry it's not very exciting.

Great site by the way.

Ric

Reaction score
Do you have any pics we can see ?

Have you got a flickr account ?

regards

Ric

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I was Stanley Beamish until I changed ISP and therefore as I had forgotten my password, I couldn't log in nor could I request a new password as the email address was invalid!

"Mr Terrific" is an obscure tv show I remember from my childhood and the main character is Stanley Beamish who turns into a bumbling superhero called Mr Terrific.

Since I couldn't log in to Mac Help and my attempts to contact admin had fallen on deaf ears, I just re-joined as Spawn_Dooley, my variation of the slang term for money .... spondooly.

Reaction score
Well, I'm The Moose. My husband laughs and says it's because I'm the most un-mooselike person he knows. I've been Moose for so long I don't think people even notice that it's odd anymore. It started as an endearment for a little cat named Daisy, whom I had many years ago: "Who's the little moosey, moosey, moosey?" spoken in that moronic baby-talk tone we take with little animals.
So, I'm 5'5" tall and 125 pounds and long silver hair and I'm the Moose. It's ok with me. Better than the Badger or the Platypus, I suppose, but wouldn't it be cooler to be The Fox? <sigh> too late now.

Reaction score
I use isdky on forums just because it was my temporary login way back in sixth form, just kind of stuck from there as its *extremely* rare that its used by anyone else - hate having numbers after my name lol. Its used for email, flickr, deviantart, spymac and all sorts hehe.

Reaction score
Well where do I begin?
Many years ago I was out walking on Bomin Moorwith a few of my Navy coleagues, wearing my "blending in clothing" a pair of navy blue cords, a bright purple duvet jacket and a Union Flag wooly hat. some time later a freind of mine entered the pub I usede and said "good evening Geoff", three of us replied "good evening Bernie".
Bernie then decided to give us all nicknames, as he had been at my house some days earlier, and taken tea with me, He mnoticed that the wooly hat I had on on Bodmin Moor was being used as a tea cosy the choice was simple. I became Teapot in around 1978 I am proud of it and I have 2 different personas, 1 in Cornwall and 1 at home here in the Lakes.
I am going for the lomgest and m ost boring of all.
Have I quallified?
icon7.gif

D

dick

i go by 'dick' because it's short. In fact, it's a lot shorter than I am. In some other places, i go by 'fred' 'cuz it easier (with two fingers) to type. (why were we given ten if we only need two to type?) In other palces i go by 'rickpat' 'cuz i was living on 'Patrick St.' when I signed on to those things. But mostly i like to go by 'mcadict' 'cuz when i signed onto the 'net for the very first time (with that 33k Global Village external modem on an Apple // or was it a ///) i wanted to be 'macaddict' (didn't EVERYone?) but it was already taken by about 140 thousand other folks and I didn't want to have a number after my name just to prove how late i really got to the party to begin with. So with one of those two fingers perched adroitly above the delete key, i began dropping letters out of 'macaddict' until i got to something that sort of looked 'macaddict' which i really wanted in the first place but, well, I was late to the party. SO, you can call me 'dick'.
Definition of boat: a hole in the water into which one pours vast sums of money. Nice boat, Searay. But SwampWitch really got MY propeller spinning.
fred

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Nice to see all the new people here! Teapot, I was wondering about your name for a long time. dick/fred, my husband says the same thing, LOL!

Ask a Question