Problem with Java Application called FFGenie

Reaction score
I'm looking for some help. For the last three years I have been using http://ffgenie.com/ on my MAC (10.5.8).

FFGenie is an open-source program that analyses the performance of players in VirtualSports run Australian Football League fantasy competitions.

When I try to use part of the program to input my team I get the following error:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
ffg.gui.UserTeamsDialog.<init>(UserTeamsDialog.java:118)
ffg.gui.FFGFrame$8$1.run(FFGFrame.java:307)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:651)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:676)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:655)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 23
ffg.entity.UserTeam.getRoundData(UserTeam.java:84)
ffg.entity.UserTeams.loadTeams(UserTeams.java:221)
ffg.entity.UserTeams.<init>(UserTeams.java:176)
ffg.entity.UserTeams.<clinit>(UserTeams.java:165)
ffg.gui.UserTeamsDialog.<init>(UserTeamsDialog.java:118)
ffg.gui.FFGFrame$8$1.run(FFGFrame.java:307)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:651)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:676)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:655)

The developer has indicated there is a 23/24 round error and that for PC users there they have delete last years UserTeams.xml file in c:\users\<windows username>\.ffgenie\2012 (for vista and win 7) or c:\documents and settings\<windows username>\.ffgenie\2012 (for win xp etc).

The developer is not familiar with Macs and was only able to suggest that I need to find a file written by the application to a location on my computer specific to my username, probably an .xml file possibly called userteams although I'm not even sure about that.

I have searched all of my folders with spotlight and manually and I cannot find any such file. Is any one able to assist me either with an alternate fix or a suggestion on where this mysterious file may live?

Reaction score
I have. After running a software update check it tells me I'm up to date.

Ask a Question