VPN files location on Mac??

Reaction score
Can any one tell me where are the VPN files located on MAC? when you click the vpn icon in the top menu, you get a drop down .. i would like to know where are these files saved on Mac.. so that i can click on it directly to connect to VPN.

Thanks guys,

Ant

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-What do you mean by "when you click the vpn icon in the top menu, you get a drop down"? Do you mean in the Network preference pane?
-Where which files are saved on the Mac?
-Are you simply trying to automatically connect to these VPNs at startup or create a shortcut that you can click?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory,

Thanks for answering. Here is the whole set up:

1. I have added 10 PPTP connections in my Network Preference. once you add VPN/PPTP also gives an option to see this on the top menu Bar - (it looks like a shape of a battery see the images)

So what i am looking for is to automatically make a short cut to connect to these networks according to the keys pressed or have a file to click on the desktop (i could also add these files in automator later)

This is what i am looking for.. please let me know if i can explain more.. i have spent days and days figuring it out ...

thanks mate.

A

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Are you accessing any directories/folders when connected to the VPN?

I don't remember any way to do this, but I will ask around to see if anyone I know can provide the steps.

C

Reaction score
No.. i am not accessing any folders when connected to VPN.

I just want different key shortcuts to connect to different connections listed in my network preference.

Thanks,
A

Ask a Question