VPN Services/Software

Reaction score
I have been reading various "reviews" of VPN services on the site www.macworld.com, and some of them sound good. However, I have also been using the excellent browser Opera for a number of months (although Google Chrome is still my primary one), and it has a free VPN "feature". I am just wondering if anyone can render some analysis/opinions about this VPN business, and especially comparing the VPN services that one needs to pay for, and the free one in Opera.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Do you have a specific need for a VPN?
-Are you connecting to a specific VPN server/network?

C

Reaction score
There are some sites I visit that I do not want to be "tracked". Also, although secure, I want some extra protection when I visit my tow banking sites.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I see.

I am not experienced with browser VPS services. I have only used enterprise-based hardware VPNs to remotely access private networks, so I can't recommend any.

Sorry,

C

Reaction score
Thanks, Cory. The VPN feature is "touted" on Opera's site, and it is real easy to implement. But I am unsure how effective it is compared to pay VPN services.

Ask a Question