Utterly Stuck in Windows 10 after boot-camp please assist

Reaction score
Tried bootcamp on my mac but it wouldnt install from my usb cause the drive was in the wrong format (something about booting in UEFI vs Legacy) so I did the dumbest thing in my whole career and formatted the drive to GPT erasing the macOS and recovery software to install Windows. I thought this'd be fine since I have a spare SSD with macOS in my tower (Mac Pro 5,1) so I could just choose to boot from there on startup instead. nope. Mac understandably thinks its a windows PC now and only boots into windows on startup, i cant reset NVRAM or open into recovery mode, use time-machine, or reboot into macOS using bootcamp assistant tools on Windows.

Seem to be completely stuck in windows and I must simply adapt to my new life as the frankenstein to the irredeemable monster which I have wrought kicking and screaming upon this earth.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • What version of OS X/macOS?
  • Can you see the macOS drive in Startup Manager by holding the Option key while starting up?
  • How are you trying to reset NVRAM?
C

Ask a Question