SOLVED iCloud for Mac is stuck on "waiting to upload"

Reaction score
I use a 2021 MBPro (M1) on Big Sur 11.2.3, an elderly 2011 i-Mac on High Sierra 10.13.6, an i-phone XR, iOS 14.4.2 and an i-pad mini4, also iOS 14.4.2. While 'NOTES' and some applications synchronise properly on up to three of the devices, neither Pages, Numbers of Contacts do what is expected on all of them.

There's been discussion elsewhere about 'iCloud for Mac is stuck on "waiting to upload". Any one have any thoughts about this seemingly indefinite , or rather long-lived, problem which goes back a couple of years?

Reaction score
This fault was put right after a few minutes consultation on line with Mac Support. Essentially, I was advised to log off all my iCloud accounts on my various devices, sequentially. It was done one device at at time. I started with the oldest, the iMac (2011). The system offers the opportunity to save data. TAKE THAT ADVICE! All the iCloud files/data are saved on your Mac. Not always obvious where but definitely the files were saved.
Over the next couple of days I went through each device, finishing with the M1 MBPro. At different stages, files reappeared and I restored them. The little dial in the left sidebar got a good workout.
Total time taken about 3 days.

Ask a Question